Enjoy an easy, enjoyable shopping experience from a team that knows their products
Choosing new flooring for your home is exciting. But with more options today than ever before, it can also be a bit daunting! Our team is here to help you make the best choice for your desired look, environment and budget.
Homeward offers the best quality flooring and installation you can get. We stock New Zealand’s most trusted brands, as well as carpet from the world's leading manufacturers including Godfrey Hirst and Feltex.
Come in store today and ask for your free measure and quote, or fill in the form and we’ll be in touch.
- Yes, we will uplift and dispose of your existing carpet
- Yes, we can shift your furniture
- Yes, we provide exceptional installation
All carpet has different features and benefits, with some better suited to particular environments. Pop in and talk to one of our knowledgeable team. We’ll answer questions like:
- Which is best - wool or synthetic?
- What’s the difference between polyester and nylon?
- Which carpet is best suited to specific environments?
- Which carpets have stain resistance technology?
- Which carpet is best for areas with extreme sunlight?
- Which carpets are best for fade resistance?
- Which carpet is best for pets?
- What’s the difference between the different underlays, and is it worth spending more?
- Which carpets will and won’t track?
- Does the direction carpet is laid in matter?
- What is the difference between a loop and cut pile?
- Which carpet is best for a plush feel?
- What is the difference between a square metre and a lineal metre?
What to consider:
- Place your order at least 12 weeks before you need it. Since Covid, manufacturers have been struggling to keep up with demand, and so we’ve seen longer wait times.
- Get the right colour by taking samples home and seeing how they look in different parts of your house, and in different lighting.
- Learn about the different features and benefits, to ensure you get the best for your environment.
- Think about pile style - loop vs cut, short cut vs. medium cut.
- Check the ‘wear ratings’
- Invest in quality underlay that’s thicker. A quality underlay will add to the comfort level of your carpet and provide extra insulation. It also offers protection against mould and mildew from spills and dust mites.
- How well your carpet is installed is extremely important. A quality installer ensures joins are not visible, without showing peaks. They’ll also ensure it’s ‘power stretched’ correctly at the correct tension.
If you’re looking for value, consider a polyester. Polyester is well priced, offers a high lustre appearance and is stain resistance.
Solution Dyed Nylon
If you’re looking for performance, consider a solution dyed nylon carpet. These are highly durable and great for high traffic areas. Resilient and easy to maintain, pile recovery bounces back. What’s more, because the colour is part of the fibre, solution dyed nylon, it is fade resistant under New Zealand’s harsh sun, making it the perfect carpet to sit beside your north facing windows or doors.
Triexta carpets are extremely soft, clean well with cold water, and are partially made from Corn Sugar. Got Pets? Triexta carpets are the best choice for pet owners. Claws are less likely to get caught in the pile. Triexta fibre is also hydrophobic, repelling water and stains.
Natural and renewable fibre, flame resistant and fire retardant. Wool helps regulate temperature and humidity. Wool carpets are a great option for allergy sufferers, as it’s a natural product that filters and absorbs toxins which can cause irritation.
Homeward recommends Dunlop Cushion Micro Fresh Allergy Free Underlay. This is because:
- New Zealand has one of the highest rates of asthma in the world, which can be attributed to the high rate of mould, mildew, bacteria and dust mites in our homes.
- Micro Fresh ensures there is added protection against food spills, dirt and other sources that can cause mould, mildew, bacteria and dust mites to build up.
- With Micro Fresh your carpet cushion (underlay) will maintain a hygienic freshness and perform better for longer.
Never skimp on underlay. It may not be visible, but it plays an important role in providing a solid foundation for your carpet. A quality underlay will add comfort and provide extra insulation.
Vinyl and laminate plank
Just like carpet, today’s flooring provides lots of options. 30 years ago we could choose from just wood, tiles or lino - today we’re spoilt for choice! Learn about the various options below, and then pop into our store to view our extensive range of quality flooring.
Direct Stick Plank
- This option allows for easy installation on all areas including bathrooms, laundries and kitchens
- The luxury vinyl flooring can be glued directly to a variety of subfloors
- Easy to clean, waterproof and great for heavy traffic areas
- Hybrid boards mix the best of both worlds with a lovely thick, king plank. They feature a special cork backing for an even quieter, softer and warmer floor.
- Hybrid plank is a floating flooring system and suitable for all areas including wet areas
- 100% waterproof, easy to clean and has a matte finish
- A soft touch matte finish that creates a natural timber look
- Laminate is suitable for areas where flooding is minimised
- Laminate is a floating flooring system overlaid on an underlay offering a cushioned feel
- Fade resistant, stain resistant and ideal for heavy traffic areas
Just like for carpet, quality installation is vital. Our installers ensure preparation is done to a high standard including grinding, sanding and levelling the sub floor. While also ensuring cutting and joining is conducted to the highest standard.